• Question: Do you have to test the food by eating it, or do you look at it so you don't get food poisoning?

    Asked by dove to Kenzi on 11 May 2015.
    • Photo: Kenzi Clark

      Kenzi Clark answered on 11 May 2015:

      Hi @dove.

      You are correct! We look at the foods using a microscope to see if there are bacteria growing in it that shouldn’t be.

      Eating the food is the last thing you want to do if you’re afraid it might be unsafe! Trust your nose and eyes…if something smells sour/funky, or if it has mold growing on it, is slimy, or isn’t the correct color, don’t eat it!